
“On February 18, 1909, electric streetcar service was inaugurated in Gorizia. The main line connected the Meridionale Station with the Transalpina Station […]. The secondary line joined Teatro Street with Piazza Grande where it reconnected with the main line after passing through Municipio Street, Cathedral Street, Cathedral Square, and Rastello Street. […] The cars were red at the bottom and white at the top and roof, although postcards, obtained by coloring black and white photographs, show us yellow, red, blue and green streetcars. […] Tram service in Gorizia finally ceased on April 15, 1935.”
The historic streetcar shed in Gorizia, Liubina Debeni Soravito, Maddalena Malni Pascoletti, Italia Nostra ONLUS, Gorizia Section, 2009




